Decatur Metro has consolidated a list of the proposed MARTA bus service cuts around the Druid Hills/Decatur area below. The main impact for Emory Place is the discontinuing of Route 8 which services North Druid Hills Road.
Via Decatur Metro:
However, that’s only one of MANY bus routes modified or eliminated by the proposed service cuts that run through, begin or end, inside the Decatur city limits. You can access the full list of proposed changes here (Excel), but I’ve also compiled a condensed list of those that directly affect Decatur’s three MARTA stations, which you can peruse after the jump.
MARTA will next meet to discuss the proposed changes on Saturday, February 20th from 10a-12p or 3p-5p at MARTA Headquarters at 2424 Piedmont Road NE Atlanta, GA 30324 (across from the MARTA Lindbergh Train Station).
- Route 2 – Ponce De Leon Avenue – Proposed modification includes Route 2 operate from Inman Park station via Moreland Ave. (currently served by Route 6-Emory) Freedom Parkway and Ralph McGill Blvd (currently served by Route 16-Noble), continuing via Blvd,and North Ave. terminating at North Ave. Station. Service will no longer be provided from Avondale Station along Ponce de Leon Ave. to Moreland Ave.
- Route 8 – North Druid Hills Road – Discontinue Service – Service along the Valley Brook Rd segment will be provided by modifications to Route 75. Service along N. Druid Hills Rd segment between Clairmont Rd & Briarcliff Rd will be provided by modification to Routes 19 and 30. Service will no longer be provided along N. Druid Hills between Lawrenceville Highway and Clairmont Rd, Briarcliff Rd, Sheridan Rd and Executive Park Dr., North Druid Hills Dr. to Briarwood Rd.
- Route 15 - South DeKalb – Proposed modification includes maintaining current service from Decatur Station to Clevemont Rd and Clevemont Court with selected trips operating via the Gallery at South DeKalb. Additionally, selective trips will provide service along Hosea Williams Dr. and E. Lake Dr. currently served by Route 24, continuing Oakview Dr. to Decatur Station operating the current Route 18 routing. Service to Clifton Springs Health Center will no longer be provided by Route 15, instead modifications to Route 114 will provide service to the Health Center.
- Route 18 – South Decatur – Discontinue Service – Hosea Williams segment will be provided by Route 86; Grady Hospital will be serviced by Routes 21 & 99.
- Route 19 - Clairmont Road – Proposed modification includes maintianing current service from Decatur Station along Clairmont Rd. Route 19 will continue Clairmont Rd terminating at Chamblee Station instead of Brookhaven Station. Selective trips will continue to provide service to the North DeKalb Health Center. Service will no longer be provided on Dresden Dr., Peachtree Rd, North Druid Hills Rd and MARTA’s Brookhaven Station.
- Route 22 – Second Avenue – Discontinue Service – Proposal includes service on Memorial Dr. will be provided proposed modification to Route 21. Service on East Lake Blvd and Second Ave. between Glenwood Ave. and McAfee Rd will be provided by proposed modification to Route 86. Service along Glenwood Ave. will be provided by Route 107. Service to Wal-Mart on Gresham Rd will be provided by modifications to Route 34. Service will no longer be provided between East Lake Station and Second Ave. at Memorial Dr., Second Aveune between McAfee Rd and Flat Shaols Rd and Brannen Rd.
- Route 24 - Belvedere – Discontinue Service – Service will be provided on Hosea Williams by Route 86; Additional service will be provided by Route 15, Route 21 and Route 114.
- Route 36 – North Decatur Road – Discontinue Service - Service on N. Decatur Rd between Clifton Rd and Briarcliff Rd will be provided by Route 6. Service between Arts center Station and Piedmont Ave. at Monroe Dr. will be provided by Route 27. Service on N. Decatur Rd between Ponce de Leon Ave. and Glendale Rd will be provided by route 75. Service on N. Deactur Rd between Winn way & Ponce de Leon Ave. will be provided by Route 120. Service will no longer be provided between Piedmont Ave. at Monroe Dr. along E. Morningside Dr., E. Rock Springs Rd to Briarcliff Rd and North Decatur Rd at Clifton Rd to Winn Way.
- Route 75 – Tucker – Route will remain the same between the end of the line and the intersection of Lawrenceville Highway & North Druid Hills Rd; Route will continue to Valley Brook Rd, E. Ponce De Leon Ave., North Decatur Rd; Continue Glendale Rd through the Cedar Park area back to E. Ponce De Leon Ave. to Avondale Station.
- Route 114 – Columbia Drive – Proposed modification includes Route 114 will maintain current routing From Avondale Station to Clifton Springs and Flat Shoals Rd. Proposed Route 114 will then terminate at the Clifton Springs Health Center.
- Route 119 - Avondale Estates/North Hairston Road – Discontinue Service – Service on N. Hairston segment will be provided by Route 121; Redan Rd segment will be provided by Routes 115 & 116; S. Hairston segment will not be provided direct service; However, Route 117 will provide service at Rockbridge Rd & S. Hairston Rd. Service will no longer be provided on segments between Avondale Station & Kensington Station and Holcombe Rd.
- Route 120 – Stone Mountain – Route will provide services to DeKalb Medical Center via Winn Way, continuing N. Decatur Rd to E. Ponce De Leon Ave.; From Ponce De Leon Ave. route will travel the Mountain Industrial Blvd/Idlewood Rd segment from Route 121.
- Route 122 – GA Perimeter College - Discontinue Service- N. Indian Creek Dr. segment will be provided by Route 125 servicing the GA Perimeter College and other schools; Cedar Park area will be serviced by Route 75.
- Route 123 - Church St./N. Dekalb Mall – Discontinue Service -Proposal includes proposed modification of Route 120 will provide service to the DeKalb Medical Center. Proposedmodification of Route 75 will provide service to N. DeKalb Mall (Lawrenville Highway & N. Druid Hills Rd). Service will no longer be provided between Candler Park Station and Decatur Station and the Church St. and DeKalb Industrial Way segments.
- Route 125 – Avondale/Northlake – Proposed modification includes Route 125 will maintain current service from Northlake Mall to N. Decatur Rd continuing to Northern Ave., Memorial Dr., Kensington Rd into Kensington Station. Proposed Route 125 will operate from Kensington Station instead of Avondale Station.